Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Phil Collins, Whippets, and Weed

A roommate named Andrew who went by several monikers (Fat Boy, Don Fatz, Bagelniska, and a self-proclaimed "cheap Jew") seemed to be where my so called life was to begin. He was neither fat nor a Don, but he was most certainly cheap. More about that later. My first introduction to the boys club consisted of doing my first and only whippet, which felt like I was falling into a portal from The Twilight Zone. Those thirty seconds I'm pretty sure that I heard Rod Serling's voice introducing a long lost episode: The Fat Man Who Fell to Earth; See If He Bounces. Then, Don Fatz and our neighbor/co-worker Eric segued to weed. I refrained because I was terrified of the munchies. It had been a month and I had lost about fifteen pounds. In a flash the vocal stylings of Phil Collins flooded the room and we all karaoked Sussudio until they passed out. WOW! What a big first night. For all the new little things happening none of them prepared me for what was about to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment