Monday, March 9, 2009

The Image That Still Haunts My Dreams!

I let a picture of me be taken, against my better judgment, at work. Later that day, I'm sitting around in the sales area when a giant poster board with my swollen face and rotund mid section on it appears with my goals on it. Now when I say "appears", I mean it was the first friggin' thing anybody saw before going to exercise. EVERYBODY HAD TO SEE THE NEW FACE AND BELLY OF CALIFORNIA FITNESS! According to this display of multiple chins, in six months I would be 190lbs and the entire gym will have witnessed my miraculous transformation from overgrown roly poly to svelte fitness professional. This poster filled with what seemed like insurmountable goals was news to everyone-including ME. It had been a month since leaving the sanctuary that is California and I had lost 10 pounds; at least that is what the scale said. It is easy to lose weight when your roommate is a health nut who won't even eat red meat or black pepper because apparently it sits in your colon and rots. Thank you Uncle Ed! I will be moving out by the end of the week and hopefully beginning some resemblance of a life.................

No comments:

Post a Comment