Saturday, March 28, 2009
Challenges
"I don't have enough time", "I can't find the time", "I am too tired" (another way of saying "I am too lazy"), and my personal favorite, "I'll do it tomorrow". What is wrong with people? We live in a society of fat people who refuse to take care of themselves. I know because I was one of them. We are too busy working! We are too busy letting life pass us by! We are too busy being busy! And, when we are not too busy being busy, we are "resting" from being too busy. I was opening and closing the health club seven days a week. I worked a commission job for 99 hours a week, yet I found a way to get my rotund body up and away from the desk, the phones, and the damn sandwiches that the male trainers shoved in my face to get on the treadmill and lose some weight. Some people will say, 0k, but there are 168 hours in a week. However, after 99 hours at work, and balancing the rest of the time between a new girlfriend, eveyday routines, and sleep........ I really did not have enough time-but guess what? I MADE THE TIME! I chose to eat better, I chose to exercise. If I wanted to watch cable I had to go to a bar or Stacey's house. I was not going to fall back into old routines. I cared about me! I cared about Stacey! Was it easy? NO! Was I perfect at it and lost weight every week? NO! Did I ever indulge in good food and better beer? Hell, Yes! Did I back slide? Yes, often, but at the end of the day I was accomplishing what I had intended. I have always loved the movie Braveheart and the tagline was "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." I was damned if I wasn't going to live a full and happy life. Now, I had to find a way to get out of this club before I went insane. Living life to the fullest is often a struggle just like losing weight, but if you don't persevere what is the point?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment