Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Day I Began to Take Control of My Life

I spent the first twenty years of my life in beautiful sunny San Diego. When I was a teenager I thought I knew everything, just ask my parents. At seventeen I graduated high school and within a few days of turing eighteen I moved out because "I can do it on my own". In retrospect I was an idiot. By twenty years of age after plenty of partying and bad decisions later I had lost my way. I was sleeping in my car and going to my part time job at a video store. I ended up living with my grammie until I could save up enough to get my own place. I did not save anything it apparently went to food and booze. Within the two years since I left home I had gone from 185lbs to 285lbs. My uncle Ed who I had not seen in ten years showed up for a funeral and we started talking. Two weeks later I left my fat and unhappy life behind. I said goodbye to my family and packed my suitcase with nothing but clothing and movies (my one true passion) and hopped on a plane to freezing Columbus, Ohio to help my uncle run a gym in Columbus. I call that day May 28th 2004 the day I began to take control of my life. With no money and one hundred pounds over weight I was going to break the monotonous cycle my life had become and find a purpose. Boy, did I ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment