Sunday, March 15, 2009
My 21st Birthday and The Only Moment Worth Remembering
The worlds collided but with neither a whimper nor a BANG! Stacey could not go to the KISS concert because she had her daughter that night. However, the night before- my 21st birthday- she was free and apparently, so was the rest of the gym. So I celebrated my birthday with my pseudo girlfriend and about two dozen other people. Among the debauchery that was this birthday was a single moment with Stacey that would resonate for a very long time. Between shots that I willingly and unwillingly took, I stumbled over to the jukebox to put some songs on. My alcohol fueled haze cleared immediately when I saw Stacey picking out songs. I introduced Stacey to The White Stripes and in that instant I was sure she wanted me to kiss her. I know I certainly wanted to but under the circumstances I could not. The night got weird when we had to track down "All Talk" Bennet, the guy who was supposed to be covering the tab. He had split and gone to a strip club. One of the other guys tracked him down and he paid over the phone. Stacey, Kate (my girlfriend?), Randi (another personal trainer from the club), and I were on the way to get my very first lap dance. I'm in a car with what seems to be my girlfriend and what I'm hoping is my future girlfriend on my way to a strip club! This could have been a recipe for disaster but Kate forgot her ID and we couldn't go. I still don't know how she was getting drinks at the bar. The next morning sucked. Alcohol is not good for weight loss. I must have gained ten pounds back. Oh, the day when I would be able to see my toes again.... Two days later my new life seemed like it would actually begin. Kate was going home and I had a date with Stacey that very night. At least, it was a date in my mind...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment