Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Grand Engagement Idea Goes Kapoot!

I felt like a genius! I knew how I was going to propose. Stacey and I had seen The Notebook and she mentioned how romantic it was when Ryan Gosling asks Rachel McAdams out on the ferris wheel by risking life and limb just to hear a simple "yes". Okay.... I know what your thinking tubby is going to hang off of a ferris wheel until she says "yes". Nope. Actually that isn't a bad idea, just at that particular time and weight I would have broke the damn ferris wheel. It would have gone from The Notebook to Final Destination in the span of thirty seconds. I went online and found a fair that was about 50 miles away and had this massive ferris wheel. I figured I would slip the operator twenty bucks to hold it at the top so we could see over the city and I would propose. April 21st, 2005 was the date I had set . Then April 1, 2005 almost exactly one year to the day since moving to Ohio I took Stacey to a buffet. (I had a free coupon, I watched what I ate, not that it was good, anyway) I cracked a joke about about leaving her that night to hang out with a bunch of guys at a strip club (it was April Fool's Day) she said, "well at least you didn't ask me to marry you. I would never have believed you". The seed was planted I would do it at 12:01am April 2. Goodbye, ferris wheel. Hello, new life. 12:01 came around and I looked at Stacey, then I told her how much I loved her and how I wanted to spend my life with her. Then I asked her to marry me. I will never forget the look on her face....

No comments:

Post a Comment