Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Do I Have Any Idea What I Am Doing?

I was in love. Not comfortable love but "The Notebook" love. Stacey was unbelievable. She had been with me through thick and thin (especially thick), but what did I have to offer her? She had been married, had a kid whom I adored, had traveled around the world, was amazingly smart, and absolutely, undauntingly beautiful. I, on the other hand, had never finished college, was battling a weight problem, could barely take care of myself (essentially, I was broke), and until two months into our relationship I didn't even have a car. I only bought one because she refused to stop driving me home in the middle of the night. Well, I loved her, damnit, and I was pretty sure that she loved me back the same way. I was going to propose to her, so I cashed in all the savings bonds I had had since I was a little kid and bought a ring. Not just any ring either, but the type of ring she had once told me she wished she could have if she ever got married again. Now, I had the ring, when it dawned on me; If I'm going to have a family they need a home to live in. Not a two bedroom apartment with Don Fatz in the other room smoking a fattie. Before I could propose, I had to get a house. What a dilemma this put me in..............

No comments:

Post a Comment